View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 12:07 PM   #43 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
agree - if you are buying a sports car, then visibility is way down the list of wants.
OTOH, the Camaro is quite OK as a daily driver, and if you are buying it for that purpose, then practicality / safety considerations like outward visibility become more key.

That's the problem when a model tries to be all things to all people. It usually fails at some, and gets lambasted for it.

If the car is designed as a pure sports car, then nobody seems to understand that those are NOT meant for practicality. So they get pilloried by the press as well.

Seems that manufacturers cannot really win on this. Still, I'd rather my "sports car" entry be panned for something like this, than for performance or driving dynamics any day!
Definitely. I daily my camaro. But at 36k. It will be my weekend car if I just dont jump into a C8? So 9k to go. Its practical for what it is yet has the driving dynamics of a dedicated sports car. To compare it to the best muscle car in the game. The GTR. the Camaro has the one thing the GTR is missing! That the Z has!!!! The camaro feels really hunkered down. You feel like you're in a cave. I personally like that feeling. And my next sports car has to provide me that feeling. That's how in my book. Mustang and challenger lose. You dont feel as planted into the car as you do a camaro or Z.
The corvette alfa 4c and lotus evora do a great job at giving you a hunkered down feeling as well.