Thread: Heel Toe Forum
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 11:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cory Gillmore
Base Member

Drives: 09 Sport/Touring MT
Cory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond repute

I drove my 09 370 for nearly two years with SRM on and it fooled me into thinking I was a better driver than I was. I learned how to drive a manual in this car and it was my first manual car. I had gotten very comfortable with the car and was feeling confident in my abilities. But the day I finally turned off SRM was the day I discovered I had much more to learn.

I basically had to relearn everything. Even the timing for regular upshifts was different for me with SRM off as the car was no longer holding the revs where they needed to be in between upshifts. I have to say though, turning off SRM was the best thing I ever did. I now utilize heel/toe downshifts in everyday driving and it's brought a whole new pleasure to driving my car.

I honestly don't get how people say they don't do it in everyday driving. I mean how else do you rev match while hitting the brakes? It also kills me how many people drive a manual car and then dog on others for driving an automatic when they themselves have never even heard of heel/toe...So many people fall into this category. I've always at least know what it was..Even if I was relying on SRM to do it for me.
Cory Gillmore is offline   Reply With Quote