View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 09:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
tRidiot
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z Sport
tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

No, I have a set of jackstands from... AutoZone, I think. I've been using them for years, and they seem to be fine.

I'm curious... did you document this sheared pin and share it with HF? Man, that sounds horrific!

As for mine, they have a pin that goes through the lift arm (I don't really know what you call these things) and I don't think are subject to the type of failure you are describing. The system I have is like this:

The rods that go through are solid steel, probably a half inch thick or more. I have had my Tahoe up on them numerous times without issue. I will always be extremely careful under my Z, though.
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote