View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 11:02 AM   #5335 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Tried again, paying close attention to position of bolt and running the slide through its range whilst pulling/pushing/twisting, and still no go - the barrel is in there TIGHT and never budged. As far as I can tell, there is nothing inside the receiver holding the barrel (but not 100% sure). I don't see anything that would retain the barrel in this exploded diagram (other than the magazine screw).

Side note: You can't always depend on exploded diagrams. Was working on a different shotgun that someone had torn down and couldn't get back together. Downloaded an exploded diagram but couldn't get the hammer to go back in right. Found out that the spring that propels the hammer was shown backwards in the diagram.
This might sound silly but I would make sure the barrel can come off. If Mossberg has a serial number search, I would check the model and variant just to be sure. If it can come off I would soak it in WD-40 or similar oil for a few days. If it won’t come off then I would secure the action in a vise and tap on the barrel/tube support (see attached pic) with a wooden dowel and rubber mallet. If it won’t come off after that then you’re in gunsmith territory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 10F6616F-B8DB-4EDF-A797-0F01AAEAD205.jpeg (36.1 KB, 5 views)