View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 04:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
CrunchyCajun
Base Member

Drives: 09 tour/sprt wht 7A
CrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
Haven’t seen one in a while; but some places used to have a bladder machine that would put new fluid in,as old fluid was coming out...they would tap into the transmission cooler lines for this procedure.
The BG machines do this, just make sure they use the fluid of choice, BG shops try to push their own fluids. (I had a Nissan dealer do my change and don't believe they knew what they were doing.)

With BG, the wheels are raised off the ground, the transmission is run through the gears while hooked to the machine. The fluid is transferred by the pump in the transmission, not flushed with external pressure. This method takes about 16 quarts to replace the fluid.

BG shops just put an arbitrary price, based on what they feel they can get from you, so call several shops until you find one who isn't gouging and who will agree to use the fluid you want (you may need to supply it).

However, having had a total 7AT failure at 48k, covered by warranty, I will do my own fluid change, using the method you used. I will probably leave it on the the Quick lift, in gear for a while, let it cool to 100 degrees, drain and fill and repeat 3 times.

Last edited by CrunchyCajun; 09-11-2019 at 05:16 AM. Reason: expanded comment
CrunchyCajun is offline   Reply With Quote