View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 02:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
A sprint booster is a cheap shortcut to the throttle response issue and is an apples to polar bears comparison to a proper engine tune.

You get a lot more out of a proper tune that will help your car run better for longer (assuming a good tuner), such as proper AFR and other misc adjustments your tuner can make. That's totally aside from the RaceRom features that Ecutek offers like mulitple custom tuning maps for various needs, launch control, and custom traction control.
First, you don't need to explain to me what a tune can do as my car is tuned.

Second, you're right: a Sprint booster IS a cheap shortcut... that's the point. As I said: "If all someone is after is throttle response then I'd recommend following dboss' advice and purchasing a used Sprint Booster for ~$150-200." Someone who ONLY wants increased throttle response and is leaving the car stock most likely does not need/want various tuning maps, launch control, blah blah blah that RR offers. If they do, they're probably not going to leave the car stock for long therefore what I said wouldn't apply to them.
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote