View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 10:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
tRidiot
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z Sport
tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Although a long ramp will help (less angle), it's the height that is most important. You need one short enough (vertically) that it will get under the body work but still provide enough lift to get your floor jack under the car. If you are real low, it may not be possible.

Fab up a set of test ramps with lumber to see if it will work.
Up to this point, I have used some MDF circles I cut out of a speaker box I made. I have 6 of them, 3/4" each, so I set them up in steps of 1 and 2 and it gets me about 1.5" up and can just barely get my current crappy jack under there. The problem is, slick garage floor and they tend to want to slip out from under, etc. It's a bit of a hassle to kind of jury-rig it like this, but I really should buy some ramps. Just gotta make sure they're short enough to be able to do this in my garage semi-sideways.
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote