View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 03:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

https://youtu.be/HPK6N1mKcck

Looking at this overview of the camaro ss LT1. I believe this car is a major major win.
Iij didnt really put into perspective that cost is a major factor of why the SS is the loser in sales. It just seems all the v8 muscle cars seem expensive until you start nitpicking features. You can get a lot of cheat sub models at a fairly good deal in challenger's and mustang's.

But drive for drive. The Camaro is by far the superior drive. It's not even close. It's so good that I can see why all the whiny babies can do is talk about visibility and price cuz theres nothing u can say bad once you open this thing up.
Not having the MRC seems like you're losing out. But not really. You're still getting 1.1 g on the skid pad and it's a solid handler as well.
A suspension upgrade of about $1600 will get u at MRC level or maybe even better?(till u hit 1LE)

The 1LT doesnt have 4 piston FRONTS but the fronts are the meat of it all. I agree with this video about dual mode if you dont just go aftermarket which may be better? But a good camaro exhaust is about $1700 so the dual mode for $900 might do well with a secondary cat delete. You wont get staggered tires and all seasons but I promise you. All season Michelin PS3AS PLUS tires are the best as tires I've ever driven. The drive like summer tires and the added value of being able to rotate for longevity is an awesome incentive. You can get double the life. A solid year if you rotate and drive aggressive. If you're relatively calm. You can get up to 2 years of life on a non staggered set up. I burn out my rears every 5 months and about 7,000 miles. Those are as tires. Summers I burn in 5 months.
Mind you... this is not a ZL1. Something to think about.

I implore anyone to take a serious look at the camaro driving experience as a sports car. Once you get past at the monstrous width and low visibility. Its unbelievable what you can accomplish for a car this size.

Lastly. None of these things affect you on a track. The visibility means nothing. If you are looking for a powerhouse affordable car.
460lbs of stock torque is loads. And a basic intake and exhaust takes your brake horsepower and converts it to rear wheel horsepower without a tune. The possibilities are endless.

Enjoy.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 09-09-2019 at 04:49 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote