View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 03:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
AlWakRa
Track Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT
AlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond repute

I had 5th grinding from time to time from day one when I try to quick shift into fifth, but with time started to shift easier to fifth, without issues, until recently, fifth started to grind all the time I try to shift to it, I thought it was syncros but didn't bother to change them until now, I would be more interesting in getting an upgrade to them if it is available instead of getting a new trans that will have same issue with track time. My car has around 25k miles and lots of track days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Agreed. A brand new 370Z OEM transmission is too cheap to bother rebuilding syncros in a used one.

My understanding is Chris Carver Motorsports in Houston has experience building these transmissions. I am considering reaching out to him when I finally decide to address the problem. No point in putting stock syncros back in if I have it rebuilt.
Jar, what is the options available?
AlWakRa is offline   Reply With Quote