View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ratatouille89
Base Member

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z
Ratatouille89 is on a distinguished road
Default Auto to Manual Swap - 370z

I know I know, it's cheaper to buy a manual car.. trust me I do want that.
but the options in Korea are a bit limited.. there are 7 manual 370z's and the I know all the owners and they do not want to sell it. to bring a used manual car from the states or canada costs around +170% of the car to just bring it here, so my options are either a swap or get rid of the car and drive a hyundai. I want to do the swap. I have a couple people who worked on Z's for a long time (professionally) so we can have the parts and hardware installed, no problem. The only problem is the software side of things. Since noone has tried to convert a 370z auto to a manual with the original VQ engine, there are no information available to me. So despite all the criticism from basically everyone who doesn't drive manual here in Korea, how would the software side work to make this swap work?

P.S. please keep the criticism to yourself, I'm pretty tired of all this "I would buy a BMW, BENZ, etc. with that money" crap that I get everyday while I'm here: I just love this car and I love to drive manual.
Ratatouille89 is offline   Reply With Quote