View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 08:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
tRidiot
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z Sport
tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recommend me a decent floor jack?

So I'm putting coilovers on, just for aesthetics, essentially. I need new shocks anyways, so why not. But, I imagine I'll probably need to adjust them a little to get the stance I am looking for.

My driveway is on a slope, but I have a 2-car garage I can get the car into and turn it at an angle - my garage has 2 smaller doors instead of one large one.

I'm looking at some of the low-profile jacks at Harbor Freight and I like the price, but I am a little concerned about quality and durability. Now, I won't be using this a TON, I mean I'm not a pro mechanic. I can change oil, an alternator, a water pump, etc. But I'd like to be able to get under my car and learn a bit more, especially about the suspension. And this may open up some more opportunities for me to do a little of my own work.

So, looking at what is available on Harbor Freight's website, they all seem to be in the range of 3¼" or so, which I don't think will even fit under my car right now. I am slightly lowered on Swift Spec-R springs and I believe I am just under 3". I'd like to come down a bit more, which will make it harder. Are there any jacks out there (that aren't prohibitively expensive?) that will fit under 2½" or so? Because of having to pull my car into the garage and then turn it to fit kind of catty-corner or half-sideways, it makes it difficult to get lift blocks in position.

I'm open to ideas. And that lift system is kind of out of the question at the moment. lol
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote