View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 08:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
lexluther
Base Member

Drives: 2017 Nismo
lexluther has a reputation beyond reputelexluther has a reputation beyond reputelexluther has a reputation beyond reputelexluther has a reputation beyond reputelexluther has a reputation beyond reputelexluther has a reputation beyond reputelexluther has a reputation beyond reputelexluther has a reputation beyond reputelexluther has a reputation beyond reputelexluther has a reputation beyond reputelexluther has a reputation beyond repute
Default 15+ Automatic Nismo Amazon shift boot install

In case any other 15+ Nismo owners want a cheaper shift boot option for their automatics.

The boot was $9 plus tax (IL) when I bought it 48 hrs ago. It's coming up at $11 now. Price may vary based on inventory and location. Still a lot cheaper than what I've seen elsewhere. Since it's "suade" and red stitchd, it's easy to get a quality look vs a leather boot where going a pricier route looks best.
The stitching is a pretty good match to the factory stitching. The suade is slightly darker but still looks great.

Link to boot used https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Installed it in in my 2017 Nismo, I just had to push down the plastic shroud below my shift knob to expose the metal clip holding the knob in place.

The surrounding plastic shroud/bezel holding the Hazard button simply pops up with a little force. You can also slide a credit card under it to get it starter.

I cut the boot about an inch all around to make it look better
(cut around the stitched areas, so they don't come undone)
Even with the inch off, it's still not a tight fit, plenty of boot is stacked up.

Also, I realized after installing the boot that the boot opening has a ring that is actually about an inch metal spacer, it prevents you from reinstalling the knob since the plastic covering the clip is too tall now.

If you're using the factory knob you can simply remove the ring by removing the metal that's twisted behind it. I just used pliers to twist it off.
IMO, it looks better without the ring anyways.

Since the plastic bezel goes on really tight, there wasn't a need for any glue or screws to hold the boot in place. Just push the boot under the shifter assembly and push the plastic bezel on top of it so the boot is now "sandwiched in"

It might take a couple tries, and you won't hear a precise "snap in place." but it'll stay in place.

I've driven the car in manual mode for 2 days and haven't had any issues with the boot.

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shiftboot.jpg (166.5 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by lexluther; 09-05-2019 at 09:35 AM.
lexluther is offline   Reply With Quote