View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 11:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZ View Post
Hyundai/Genesis is a pig with lipstick! Many Pigs out there with lipstick. Cheap yes, sporty....maybe, piece of junk......yes. The key word is cheap. Walmart exists because things are cheap. Doesn't mean it sells good products, or they buy in such high volumes to sell at lower price. Majority of People in North America tend to lean toward cheap. Just the way it is.

You get what you pay for. EVERYTIME.
Couldn't disagree more.

H & K are where Toyota, Honda and Nissan were 30 years ago before they became fat & complacent. Quietly putting out very good cars at fair prices, while nobody in the industry pays much attention to them yet. And the Korean twins are rising faster than their Japanese counterparts did - partly because the car-buying market has grown by a couple of billion wallets in the intervening years.

I don't see a deficit in Korean quality over the last few Nissans that I have owned. The distinguishing factor is that Nissan (corporate, at least Nissan Canada) has walked away from their problems like a dog from a crap.

As far as the "you get what you pay for", that's as may be. How do you feel about the new C8 Corvette for under CAD$73,000? I'll admit that the jury is still out on that one, but on paper, you would seem to get considerably more than you pay for. Until the doors fall off and the engine overheats, anyway.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote