View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 12:44 PM   #298 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
One already fell off?

On the earlier post, I think that Cayman is dead anyway - there will be a few special editions, but I'm guessing that it will be replaced by the Taycan platform in various body forms.

What the C8 will really kill is the up-coming petrol lower end performance cars in the pipeline. I honestly doubt that Alfa and Maserati will bother with the 8C / Alfieri anymore. Perhaps full electric only.

So, although the C8 is a boon to part of the market, it is a double-edged sword to the industry as a whole. I'm OK with it, as long as GM does this car right. It truly is a paradigm shift. If they blow it, they have screwed up the entire market segment for nothing.
40 years of MR concepts. The 5.5litre was being tested back in 2012. I think nothing will go too terribly wrong.

They learned from the Z06 cooling fiasco. The C7's are price to performance leaders as they stand right now. The tech in the C8 exists in the c7. It's just packaged nicer. They've built production MR's before.
My only concern would be the DCT. and that 1000 location memory lift. Hopefully that will go well?