View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

Bluetooth — key for giving you pretty much all the control over media you could ask for. I don't like being on the phone while driving, but of course if I have to, this is the only way I'm doing it.

Camera(s) — By all means I think it's important to actually get familiar with the front/back distance of your car, but with more and more BS in the road, you sometimes need that second set of eyes, and realistically, you can't always get it right anyway. Not to drag more Corvette discussion into places, but the PDR feature would be a nice valuable traffic recording built into the car.

Android Auto/Apple Car Play — this can bridge the gap across generations of infotainment. Of course they're not totally refined, but a universal navigation and media interface is a proper step forward. OEM options can be bad even if newer. I just don't like the possibility of possible system invasion by Google and Apple. Granted, having your phone + bluetooth with you is already a ticket to have them track all your movements and conversations in-car, but this takes it another step.

But really, I would like cars to stay simple and solely used to drive, as such with many things in the world. There's just too many morons on the road that stuff like blind spot monitoring is not a bad idea at all. They need to reinvent the blinker, though.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote