View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 11:00 AM   #297 (permalink)
fryzia23
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 MB 370Z NISMO
fryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
Nice, What are your temps after a lot of laps?

I am scheduled for 10/18-19 with NASANE at Thunderbolt, maybe I'll see you there.

( Click to show/hide )
Your car pretty different from mine power wise but you can find some more time braking later on T1 for sure, your on the brakes before even the 5 marker, im on it at the 4. Use more of the curbing (apex and exit) on T1. T2 requires faith, a late apex (using the uphill to slow you) and using all the apex curbing will allow you to take it faster and be on the power sooner if you going straight on the apex/hill crest then resume the exit of the turn once the cars suspension settles. Its difficult but when you get it just right its amazing. Use all of T3 apex 90~93mph apex with 71Rs. It sounds like you let off going up the hill into T4, I don't think you have too. The rest looks good, I go a little more out at the exit of T8/Start of T9 but I don't think there is a right way T9&10.
Thank you for the inputs. Really appreciate. It was my first time out with the re71r on this track but I did feel I could take more speed through some turns. Turn 12 especially. Just need to grow bigger pair and trust the car and tires little more. Braking as well first time out with stoptech bbk and also felt I could brake later. The only reason I need to lift on the hill is because I’m on top of the 4th gear and rear tires brake loose when the rear unloads. It scared the crap out of me during morning session. I think more downforce would fix that. Octopus is tricky, felt the most grip was by the curbs that particular day. Other drivers felt the same. I think it’s possible to get to 1:30s