View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 09:39 AM   #112 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

OK, got back out to the shop and put ARP head studs in. After that I spent about 4hrs working on getting valve springs in the head. Yup... 4hrs. They were quite the pain in the a$$. One of the valve springs is MIA because one of the retainers were not put in correctly and shot to the moon at light speed. I may have pooped my pants just a little.

I then got one head torqued down to spec so that measurements can be taken for pushrods.

With both heads on the engine, one not torqued down, I needed to see what a complete engine looked like... I've got to say, glorious! The hood will likely need cutting. Perhaps I can test some fabricating with carbon fiber. My Spec-V carbon fiber might go up for sale.

Last edited by gbrettin; 08-30-2019 at 10:25 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote