View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 12:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

1 to 2 is what it is. Same with the clutch motion. Better transmission fluid and some break-in makes both better, but it will never be like other cars. It can be a bit frustrating. Even if you're not racing anyone you kinda go out of your way to do a slow shift in order to be smooth, and it probably instills some self-doubt about how well you can drive. But really, it's the car. I've had mechanics stall my Z.

I've avoided forcing the gear into first unless it's a dead-stop, so second gets used a lot on slow rolls. Shorter final made it an easier go-to.

IMO you just grow to like it.The notchy, borderline clunky feel of the shift action makes many other street car transmissions feel a bit numb in comparison — not worse, but like something is arbitrarily missing.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote