Thread: My 2010 Sport
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 11:35 AM   #170 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirnixalot View Post
Well no pictures but progress was made.

The exhaust from the Y back is all finish welded and the rear O2 bung was welded into the passenger down pipe as well. I clocked the valve motor as high as I could get it to keep it out of any splash zone. I still think I am going to have to pack the boot over the motor with some grease to help it survive. It is wired in and works as intended.

Moving onto the drivers side downpipe, I completely forgot that I needed to pull a stud out of the turbine housing to clear the steering shaft. Well it is NOT coming out but I did manage to squeeze a cut off wheel in there to cut it down a half inch. That along with grinding down the O2 housing in the same area has gotten me the clearance I need. I am waiting on 2 more 45* bends to show up this week to complete that down pipe.

I was going to install the starter but the turbo oil drain needs to disconnect to slide that into place and at that point I ran out of patience for working under the car. So I moved onto the electrical and installed a new battery after replacing the rusty tray bolts and vacuuming out under it. The amount of bolts, nuts and 1/4" drive sockets I found ywas impressive.

I re-clocked the oil temp/pressure gauge since it was off and confirmed the gauges all function as they should. Sucks that they aren't all the same LED color.

Fuel pump housing re-installed after I took the 450 out to help a friend. I now have a 525 in there.

Other than that I'm waiting on some couplers from Husam and a new set of O2 sensors from Rockauto. If everything gets here this week/next week I am on track for start up and break in on the 8th.
I feel like we should start a GoFundMe so you can bring your Z to the States...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk