View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 11:10 AM   #7743 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
He thinks his arm was detached and reattached in an experiment by the Marine Corps during his second tour in Afghanistan. He's convinced that he is going to get several million dollars in a settlement if he just waits it out. The VA has him convinced. To me it just seems like they are trying to keep him at arm's length so they don't have to deal with the real issue at hand
The VA will tell him nothing on what he needs to do. I was denied when I first claimed my right knee. I had to appeal. That is when the researching started. I had to learn the rating system and learn what proof I needed to get my claim through. I had to basically become a dang lawyer. I had to learn what I needed my Orthopedic Dr. to state. Once I got this, it was a long wait before I was asked to go to the VA hospital for an evaluation. They did the evaluation on both my left knee (service connected ACL surgery) and my right knee. I started the process in 2009. It was finished in 2012. My claim was then re-evaluated as a whole 1 year later in 2013. They want the veteran to flounder around as long as possible. It is harder to get the claim to go through. Good luck to your friend. He will not become a millionaire. When he talks with the VA they can give him no advice, good or bad. He is on his own to prove his case. Folks wonder why so many veterans commit suicide.