View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Z1 CSC Elimination Kit Clutch Bleeding Issue?

Hi,

I recently got the Z1 CSC Elimination kit and the Z1 Clutch & Flywheel Kit. I installed the transmission back in the car a week ago and since then I've been stuck bleeding the clutch.

The issue is I have very little pressure and the Clutch Pedal won't return back to original position.

I follow Nissan's FSM clutch bleeding procedure which I have had success when I swapped out the stock Clutch line with a SS braided one years ago.

But with this Z1 CSC Elimination kit, I am unable to get the pedal back.

There seem to be air in the system. I called Z1 and they told me to buy a new Master.

At first I had high hopes, I even bench bled the master but once i hooked up everything and start bleeding, the pedal never got past 25% pressure.

I made some progress by eliminating the secondary cylinder when I took it out and compressed it fully with a clamp and then bled the line.

NOTE: I always bled with the bleeding Valve pointing up, this was just for the picture after it's shut.

The pedal was super firm and got back to full travel. But with the secondary cylinder compressed fully, the clutch pedal wasn’t able to go down.

Which means the master is good and no leak. But when I released the clamp of the 2nd cylinder, it must have vacuumed air from somewhere. And when I tried bleeding with it installed back onto the car. I’m back to where I was. Dead to soft clutch pedal.

Any advise would be great. The instructions from Z1 doesn't really say anything about how this secondary cylinder is supposed to be bled aside from following Nissan's FSM - I'm assumming just hook everything up and it should be bled out the air.

I've spent 4 days bleeding the clutch system and 3 bottles of Motul 660 fluid in.

My speculation is either:
1) The Slave Cylinder from Z1 is faulty and leaks
2) I'm doing something wrong with the clutch bleeding process with a Pull Style type of Secondary Cylinder (Most Traditional Secondary Cylinders are Push style)

Last edited by scruffydog; 08-23-2019 at 06:11 PM.
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote