View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 04:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejazzy View Post
Gents,

Anyone here interested in tracking their cars?

Cayuga has open lap days (evenings are particularly good, less busy, cheaper, unlimited lapping and no car restrictions) that's about an hour's drive west of the GTA. It looks like like have a few lapping days setup for the upcoming weekends.
I do track frequently.
I don't much care for Cayuga open lapping, though. It's just my preference, but I've seen a few things and heard of lots of concerns from others (who still go there, so what do I know if they are legit or not).

Grand Bend has 5 open lapping Wednesday evenings left this year - August 28 and Sept 4, 11, 18 and 25. Then Sunday Oct 13. Wednesdays are 5PM 'till dusk for $70.80 in advance and Saturday 9am - 5pm for $141.60.

Grand Bend Raceway | Grand Bend Motorplex

I promote Grand Bend (although I understand that it's a long drive from the GTA) because it is a fun track with very little to hit if you go off, it has typically small run groups (mostly around 20-25 cars split over 2 or 3 run groups (seldom more, often fewer cars), GREAT marshals who actually watch the track and care (and don't put up with crap on their track), and even EMS. Oh, and it is a really supportive, fun, close knit community of guys (and the occasional gal) who are regulars. Generous with their help and knowledge if you ask, or they'll leave you alone if you'd rather.

They do require a helmet, but have some available for rent if you aren't sure you want to make the investment for your own just yet (and if you don't mind using a helmet that somebody else has worn).

If you show up, say hi to the guy in the 4C coupe. That's probably me! ;-)

Last edited by ZCanadian; 08-22-2019 at 04:43 PM.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote