View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
GOBLUE
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Roadster
GOBLUE is on a distinguished road
Default ONEighty Headlights & Mini Build Thread

I've been waiting to do this for a long time... I'm finally updating the headlights with ONEighty. I'll be glad to be rid of the bright chrome, and kick off an exterior update to modernize this car with some black trim. I figured I'd do a mini build thread to track my progress... So, here is how the car started when I bought it back in 2015, it's a 2010 Touring with the stock 18" wheels. Classy, elegant, but not very sporty.

My inspiration... a C7 Corvette Z06 convertible that I can't afford... this is bad a$$.

First update was a set of 2015 NISMO 19" wheels that fixed the stance, and look much, much better IMO.

FI exhaust came next, which was not done for asthetics. If you haven't experienced this exhaust, you're missing out. Amazing sound, cuts 16 lbs. from stock, and adds 20 hp at the wheels. It also looks great, and is the one part on the exterior I don't mind the bright finish!

Then I plasti-dipped the badges matte black. I know, I know, plasti-dip... but I'm surprised how easy this was, and they've held up well for a year now. I love the way black badges look on a white car.

Next up are the ONEighty headlights... set to arrive later this week. I went with matte black housing, gloss black shrouds and side markers, and LED halos. They're also re-finishing the lens (10 years old now). I'll update once I get them installed...

Last edited by GOBLUE; 09-17-2019 at 05:17 PM.
GOBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote