View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 11:26 AM   #22 (permalink)
tRidiot
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z Sport
tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks @Brendan for that chart, it's very informative to see things in a graphic format to at least give me some idea of the relationships.

My question is this: what do those numbers in the chart represent? Is that a measurement of distance from some point or what? I get the offest and width (the X- and Y-axis), but while I see the relationship to the numbers in the chart, I just don't know what those numbers represent. - EDIT - OK, I think I get the "poke past hub" thing now. Never mind... this would be a measurement from the hub to the edge of the wheel, so you can approximate it to the fender?

Some of it confuses me slightly, as for instance, the recommendation from OZ was a 19 9.5 +25 and 19 11 +15 and Jason with GetYourWheels was for a 9.5 +20 and an 11 +15 (I believe). Both of these recommendations are in the "red" zone on the above chart, so I'm trying to figure out how that relates. I have time, I'm not under the gun in having to buy wheels, and I would like to understand the relationships between all the variables as well as I reasonably can.

In addition, I don't know what wheel diameter those charts represent, as I assume (I know, I know) that wheel diameter would affect these things, too. I have been wanting to go with 20" wheels, although I am open to 19", too. I just am not sure how much that affects things and in which way - in the "Will it fit?" thread, the vast majority I've seen are 19s, very few 20s seem to be run on the Z. Not zero, but a very small number it seems - again, I am still looking, reading and researching, just asking questions as I go, too. Also, most of the 20s I have seen so far seem to be on cars that are very lowered or bagged, lots of camber, etc., i.e., a particular "style" of Z, if you will, which is not one I am pursuing. I think 20s would look great, but I don't want the super slammed and "buried" wheels look, personally, if you get my meaning. My driveway is on a bit of a slope, and I have several areas on my drive to work that are already problematic with my slightly lowered ride.

I'd appreciate any helpful info you can give me.

Last edited by tRidiot; 08-20-2019 at 11:40 AM.
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote