View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 08:41 AM   #44 (permalink)
Brendan
Track Member

Drives: Poor man's Porsche
Brendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mn23 View Post
Yes it’s a track car, the OE Akebonos with Hawk HTC pads are triggering ice mode too much. Hence, looking to upgrade AP or Stoptech Trophy 6 piston kit. Ideally with 355-362mm for my 18’s.
I am planning to keep the stock rears and see how they perform.
Ice mode is primarily a brake balance/driver input issue. Replacing the calipers before determining what kind of brake compound agrees with your brake systems, track, driving, and tires will 100% create more issues for you.

If I were in your position I would play around with different pad compounds before adding another variable into the equation.

Bigger calipers do look awesome though. That's 90% of why I bought a sport model lol
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote