View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 08:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
you need a compound to remove oxidation. your cleaner wax may have cleaned up some of the very light oxidation because it does have very fine abrasives in it, but you need to go with a slightly more aggressive abrasive to remove it all. Personally I would start with a polish, Like Meguiars 205, and see how well that goes, if you need something stronger, 105 ultra cut compound.
For off the shelf products Meguiars makes good quality products. I tried the Meguiars cleaner wax by hand only to see how thick the oxidation was. I will definitely need to use a orbital on this as it is heavy oxidation and light oxidation in some areas of the paint. I’m open to subjestions though. Thanks Ron I will try the Meguiars 205 and see how that does and then go to Meguiars 105 if really need be. Using a compound on this will be a must. I will give the Meguiars Ultimate Compound a try and see how to works overall. I have experience using the Adams Polishes heavy connecting compound and had great results with it. I will finish with a good polish and I’ll try the Meguiars Ultimate Polish and give that a try too. I used the Adams Polishes One Step Polish before as well with great results. I plan on taking my time and having patiences on this job.