View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 02:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
"Z"en
Base Member

Drives: 15 Z, 13 R58, 09 GTR
"Z"en has a spectacular aura about"Z"en has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blandino View Post
I've seen some mixed reviews on them. When I spoke with Kevin at Fast Intentions while ordering my exhaust we discussed the radiators a little. He said they used to do them frequently on their FI builds, but after a couple leaks they stopped b/c they haven't ran into issues with the stock rads on 700+ hp cars.

I debated it a lot since it probably won't be necessary for my build, but I don't want to be unhappy with coolant temps down the road and I just can't leave things alone. I'm hoping to get everything knocked out at once with this so I can finish tubing the truck and keep my hands off the 370 for a bit.

Thanks for the words of caution though, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the coolant levels for a while.
You already have engine oil cooler so getting the low-temp thermostat paired with stock radiator should suffice unless you go built engine or track your car (or do aggressive mountain pulls frequently). Several users here and I had bad experience with it so I have to say I'm done with running such a ticking time bomb. Why would I buy in a performance part that makes me keep gazing at the temp gauge instead? Anyway, just be careful.

Last edited by "Z"en; 08-18-2019 at 02:32 PM.
"Z"en is offline   Reply With Quote