View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 11:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

He was a bit of a boo-boo when he drove the Nismo a while back, as if he just wanted a reason to complain about something. He does acknowledge that he is warming up to it when accounting for the broader view of the car industry.

Jack isn't horrible, but the moments he studders or misspeaks kinda seem out of place in an otherwise typically very well-composed savagegeese video. It's also weird when he talks about what a car can do but it's not exemplified...like an armchair race car driver of sorts.

Like he said he was going to "light up the tires" in his LC500 review, and did the exact opposite. I don't know if it was a cut/footage issue, or that's some very dry sarcastic humor. I'm not trying to go on a tangent here, or hate on the guy, but I haven't really looked to Jack or savagegeese as a wholesome resource. They touch on some key things and have awesome production value, but the takeaway does nothing for giving me an impression on a car. The Straight Pipes seem to give a better sense of how a car is in reality even though they're hardly technical and literally use a single corner for a performance baseline.

Last edited by Ventruck; 08-17-2019 at 11:29 PM.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote