View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 06:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by radensb View Post
I know exactly what you mean... as someone who has spent hours sitting in the car testing this and other projects, I can confirm it is awful. I have never looked into how the signal propagates in the system. It may not be CAN related. The problem is that if it is, there is some device pushing CAN messages that define the state of the chime (on or off). If my device also tries to send that same message and it is different that the other device in the car sending that message, the receiving device will get confused and may throw a code. Think of it like this, two people talking to a third person in a room telling them if he should ask a girl out. One is saying "YES" over and over while the other one is saying "NO" over and over. What's the guy to do!?
Turn car to full on position. Shut door. Lock and unlock with key fob. Open door no beeps.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote