View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 08:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Bilazaurus
Base Member

Drives: 13' 370Z AT Platinum
Bilazaurus is on a distinguished road

Sorry to revive a dead thread (hey, good name for a band!). I've did some experiments with 4s pressures. 35psi is much to slidey. I don't remember my torque (forgot) but power was upped to about 379hp and I'm struggling to maintain traction. VDC partially turned off (button) and I don't really go WOT unless I'm 80/90kmh on 3rd gear (AT).
Otherwise it just slips. I can easily control going a tiny bit sideways but that's not the point. I had MPSS on 350Z and losing traction was a very hard thing to do.

I'm going back to 32psi but I'm afraid that I'll wear them to quickly. I thought 32 psi is slidey but 35psi is very bad or rather very challenging to the point I don't really feel safe with much spirited driving. Or maybe the tyre compound degraded? I can't tell because I bought my Z with them already on. They are 2yo, only few k's driven. How low can I set the pressure for rear 4s's on street? Is 31psi too low? Air temperature here is from 65F to 82F, rather sunny. Sorry if I ask too many stupid questions but this issue takes away much from pleasures of driving my 370Z.
Bilazaurus is offline   Reply With Quote