View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #75 (permalink)
cavemancan
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z TourSport MT
cavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond repute
Default ATOTO Review

For everyone else...If your considering getting an ATOTO head unit a word of caution:

I have found a flaw that drives me absolutely INSANE! To the point that I am considering selling the head unit and getting something else. While connected to the Hot spot from my phone (plenty of reception confirmed by speedtest 60 + Mbps and phone literally under the head unit) using Waze & Spotify both apps sometimes take 20 min to realize network connectivity is available. I kid you not! I reboot the head unit and nothing! So I decide to just drive...GPS is working cause the map is updating as I drive but I can't get any traffic data and the app keep saying "Waiting on Network" (I think thats the wording). 10 minutes from my destination after being on the road for 30 min already boom traffic data starts working! Now this was not always the case...In the beginning it worked great but all of a sudden crap.

Mind you I am a systems engineer so I know how to diagnose wireless...System has an IP address, phone has plenty of bandwidth, happens regardless of vehicle location so that eliminates interference, system indicates internet access under WIFI menu but the APPS are oblivious. Could be a programming issue with the app but still investigating. So I wont say it sucks just yet but I'm almost there LOL!