View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 06:05 PM   #74 (permalink)
cavemancan
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z TourSport MT
cavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
coming in late, but a thread worth reading... Firstly, dont get too hung up on numbers where a head units freq resp is concerned inso far as SQ goes. Believe me, I have seen, heard, and installed many many many cheap *** head units that sounded ridiculously good when combined with the right installation, and other gear. Hell, My Titan has a $200 head unit and a $150 dsp in it, and sounds beautiful. I'm not versed on the android units, but it would have to be pretty shitty nowadays for you not to make it sound good.
I'm speculating here, but i will assume that the 45hz response would be limitations of the internal amplifier particularly since it claims to play down to 2 ohms.. However, if you use pre-amp outputs, you should have signal through the full range down to 20hz.
High res ready claims, and responses up to 40, even 50k hertz are total BS. The vast majority of people cant hear past 20k, less as you age. Your dog may love the 30k notes your hitting, though.
the Bass response issue you spoke of may be related to one or many things. Hell, it may be placebo effect, your recording media, the shape of your interior, location of your woofer, direction its pointed, windows down or up, ect, ect, ect. way too many variables to troubleshoot over an internet forum.
Many guys throwing good advice at you in here, but its just too complicated to diagnose without being there in person. Many times I had customers call with an issue, and my mind raced to a dozen different things it could be. I show up at their place with a truck full of tools and wire to find out they had the balance control 3 clicks left of center..lol
take your time, go over your gear and install process, wiring, ect and make it sound right to your ears, your car.
Thanks for the response(s)...

Ron...After messing around with the Filters on the amps I think I finally got it sounding more or less how I want. Don't get me wrong it sounds awesome and Bass hits hard with some songs but I noticed that the stock Bose system did a better job Bass wise while playing Rock...Then again playing electronic music is SOOOOOOOO much better with the new setup. In order to replicate the bass response of the stock Bose I need to set the gain on the Cerwin Vega spare tire sub to max and dial in 40% bass boost. I guess my complaint is I keep having to adjust the dang subs remote control to get it to sound great. Could be that the JL Audio components with the Punch amp are out shining the sub at high volumes. This is my guess anyways. I am nit picking really cause at normal levels the system is great!