View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 02:00 PM   #47 (permalink)
vman12
Base Member

Drives: '14 370z roadster M6
vman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond repute

They told me mine was 1 of 2 first cars this was installed in. When I complained about the trim the tech told me the engineer was onsite and was helping him install. The engineer reviewed the results and told the tech that there is nothing else they can do. They blamed it on the fact that my car is 2014 and already 5 years old. And also since they put in new roof last year (and I've been waiting for the bungee fix since), I'm now out of parts warranty on the new roof. They said to call nissan consumer affairs if I'd like but there is nothing else the dealer can do. I called nissan, waiting on call back.

Also my concern is not just the bad fit and the trim. I can tell from looking at the top of the roof, that the bungee is squeezing the roof very hard, which I think is causing the trim to curl up and get pushed out. This makes me wonder if it will cause mechanics of the roof to fail after some time.

Last edited by vman12; 08-14-2019 at 02:02 PM.
vman12 is offline   Reply With Quote