View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 01:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Gray Goose
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z Nismo #227
Gray Goose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blandino View Post
How was it working with the Brainiac kit? Is the tablet & amp a suitable stereo replacement? Need to install mine when I get back home. A little worried about leaving the tablet battery in the heat and was considering removing it first. Have you had any issues with the setup?
So far the only issue I have, is that the tablet wants to die after a few days of sitting. I need to figure out how to set up better battery management when the tablet is off (i'm new to Samsung). So, I made a 1/16" hole in the corner of the insert so I could stick a finishing nail in to turn it back on after it dies (no one notices unless i say something)(can you spot it in the pics?). They are supposed to be coming up with a fix for that. but I wasn't waiting.

Now, with that being said you have to have the Brainiac app or you cant use the tablet, since you can't get to the buttons. They did a good job with the app and answer questions very quickly if you have any.

Also, make sure you run a filter of some kind. The audio sounds terrible when the car is running if you don't!!!!

I used the Kenwood amp since that BOSS one is junk!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

~
Gray Goose is offline   Reply With Quote