View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 02:23 PM   #53 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trangalang View Post
Mine is for sure coming from the lateral adjustment screws for the reverse lockout. 2nd gear has a bit of side-to-side play causing it to lightly tap against the screw. I'll tighten it up and report back. Still buzzing in 3rd gear though but I'm starting to think that this may be something I'll have to get used to over time.

Not sure if it's due to the cable. Looks and feels just like a bicycle brake/shift cable which should fit pretty snug in the housing. But at the same time, I'm also running a JWT lightweight flywheel so my transmission already makes all sorts of crazy noises.

Not that I'm aware of. I'll see if I can take a video later today to show what I'm experiencing.
When mine would make the buzzing noise I would move the cable around and it would quit but then come back as soon as I released the cable. Inexpensive bike cables don't have a coating on the inner cable so they don't fit real tight in the housing. It's metal on metal.

Maybe we can get SOHO to chime in on this issue.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote