View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #84 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
^ What kind of alignment do you have? The front-to-rear camber ratio is a big factor on the behavior of the car. I can't assume you have stock settings because you will be lowered and have only the rear camber kit. If I had to speculate and you did you alignment right, the front camber should end up around -1.5 and the rear can be adjusted to -1.2 or so. Assuming thats the case, you should have a little bit of understeer with that 10mm spacer offset you created.

I would say that adding Stillen swaybars would balance out the car nicely. If you want more control, you should get an adjustable bar setup such as the hotchkis.

There are a lot of "ifs" in there though. Make sure you get an alignment after everything is installed. Since you aren't going to gain THAT much negative camber in the front, I'd say keep the rear within .3 degrees closer to 0 than the front.

Others might have other suggestions, but thats what I would aim for..
Still waiting for the install to happen, building up a little toy box of mods and none have been installed. Half of the mods are sitting at Z Car Garage and the rest in my garage. Just getting some pre knowledge so when I buy the sways I will have made the right purchase for my already mods list.

The camber settings are exactly what I was looking for, in addition to the benefit of sways with wheel spacers. I am leaning towards the Stillen sways based on our previous discussion on another thread that Hotchkis would be better suited for coilovers and Stillen would be better suited with Eibachs.

Thanks again for your advise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I think you are confusing understeer with oversteer. Understeer is "tight" and oversteer is "loose."

Aftermarket sways are going to be stiffer than stock. A stiffer rear bar is going to free up the rear of the car adding some oversteer depending on how big of a bar you go with. A stiffer front bar will tighten the front of the car up and can induce understeer if you go too stiff -- it's all about finding the right balance.
You got that right, I did not know that my confused mis-quote of a couple of members would get a hot debate going. No offense to anyone, like I said from the start that I am naïve to this stuff. Like you said it’s all about finding the right balance. I will sit back and learn from the more knowledgeable members and not stir the pot of confusion with my inexperience in this area. Thanks for the advise!

This thread is getting very interesting and I was hoping someone (John) would provide a link to a resource to educate me in this area. You guys have been great and very patient with me. That is why I joined this forum!

Cheers
Curtis
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote