View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

So I had a major blast at the Cresson tx track. It was a complex track with 2 steep hills. One down the other up. I got 7 laps in the Ferrari 458. I gotta say i didnt get s great track time at all. A few factors mostly excitement and distractions of paying attention to all the kool lightz gauges and really feeling the car for what it was rather than destroying it for my max potential track time. They said intermediate track drivers who come to that track for the first time get about 1.35 to 1.40 ... I did 1.38.
Though my track time was not great as we watched the video they were impressed with how smooth my transitions were in the hairpins. They said I made difficult turns look easy by comparison of other drivers. So I'm definitely going back and doing a multi car package.

They just bought an MB AMG GTR I want to drive. Plus a GT3 and I wanna do the Ferrari again.
I just gotta say. The dual clutch in a ferrari is phenomenal. I just cant get over the level of responsiveness out the DCT. And the sounds in a Ferrari are just insane. Steering is sublime with loads of feedback. The outward view is Camaro bad yet I've never heard one rich person complain. Go figure... lol. Maybe this is why they dont make sports cars for broke azz poor people? All the whining!! So visibility for me wasn't really an issue.

The italia was everything I dreamed it to be. All my expectations of a modern ferrari were exceeded. The only thing I can compare it to is another Ferrari though. They do have lambos but they said. The lambo ferrari and AMG GTR are all track comparable. The porsche gt3 was recommended if I was to feel a true contrast to the ferrari. Having already driven a 911 and Cayman he sparked my interest. He said the GT3 is very different. He said it's a true track car. May I mention the car they have is the RS.

So for christmas I think I'll do multiple cars. Going to a track when the index was 110 wasn't the ffunnest lol.

But if you live in north texas and haven't tried the Cresson track. It's pretty awesome. It's not the greatest for high speeds like some of the other tracks out here. But if you wanna get your cornering game up? This is it.

I think I'm gonna propose to my GF... She is just effin amazing!!