View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
epod86
Base Member

Drives: 06 Mustang GT BK M5
epod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drisko View Post
Hey, one last thing. Does anyone know why when you press the "air recirculation" button the A/C always comes on? I have figured no way around this and I think it's kind of stupid that the A/C has to come on and drain power just because you want recirculated air.
If memory serves, AC on during recirculation is to dehumidify your interior so that you don't fog up, especially in winter with the heater on. Was the heater on as well? Maybe it's on a timer and will turn off after dehumidifying the air?

It does seem like an odd feature, but it is a life saving one. And I'll bet usage statistics say if you're recirculating, you need the ac on, at least for a bit. The last car I can remember with climate control use to do something like this:

-car on, system waits for heater to warm up
-fans start blowing noticeably when heater has warmed up
-ac turns on when fans spool up
-interior temp climes, at some point AC turns off
-fan spools down when interior temp is agreeable
epod86 is offline   Reply With Quote