View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 12:13 PM   #43 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trangalang View Post
@NorthStyle - Not sure if you ran into this issue as well. But I looked at your photos and it looks like you re-installed the linkage but chose to not install the dust boot cover?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Any concerns on that? I've had my Z on plenty of dusty dirt/gravel roads in the past. No longer my DD, so probably not as much of a concern in the future, but I certainly wouldn't want debris getting up into the shifter assembly. Is the coolerworx assembly better protected from the stock assembly such that the dust boot isn't necessary?
I didn't reinstall the dust cover on mine. The way the Coolerworx assembly is setup, I don't see how any dust/dirt/grime would affect it since the clearances betwen the moving parts are so tight. Beyond that, there is a small dust boot on it anyway to protect the assembly and I also reused the OEM rubber cover (inside the cabin) to prevent any additional noise/dust from coming in.
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote