View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 11:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
trangalang
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Midnight Blue
trangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond repute

Hate to revive an old thread, but I just installed my Coolerworx shifter last week with the revised V2 plate that's designed for the 370z. No need to drill any holes! Although I do recommend purchasing new M6 bolts as the OEM bolts will only hold the mounting plate in place by 3 or so threads.

One issue that I did run into - the rubber dust boot that covers the linkage underneath the car will not remain in place, as it is originally held up by the shifter bracket/brace that is removed when the Coolerworx unit is installed.

I started feeling vibration in 2nd gear but it eventually smoothed out as I crawled to a stop. This was from the dust boot dangling freely and dragging itself against the driveshaft.

@NorthStyle - Not sure if you ran into this issue as well. But I looked at your photos and it looks like you re-installed the linkage but chose to not install the dust boot cover?
trangalang is offline   Reply With Quote