View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 03:52 AM   #22 (permalink)
radensb
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
radensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetset View Post
Would it be possible to turn off the open driver's door beep under ACC mode with this project?
My previous 350Z had a spade lug in the steering column that you could pull to break the circuit. That was simple, CANBUS is a bit different.
I know exactly what you mean... as someone who has spent hours sitting in the car testing this and other projects, I can confirm it is awful. I have never looked into how the signal propagates in the system. It may not be CAN related. The problem is that if it is, there is some device pushing CAN messages that define the state of the chime (on or off). If my device also tries to send that same message and it is different that the other device in the car sending that message, the receiving device will get confused and may throw a code. Think of it like this, two people talking to a third person in a room telling them if he should ask a girl out. One is saying "YES" over and over while the other one is saying "NO" over and over. What's the guy to do!?
radensb is offline   Reply With Quote