View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 01:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Botaine
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Base Automatic
Botaine is on a distinguished road
Default tune maps

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm reading the EcuTek website now. I didn't know there was so much there. What kind of maps do y'all use and how many maps do you get? I know I will have to check with Seb about what can really be done, but do you think it is reasonable to ask for the following maps?:

Map 1 normal daily driver performance mode, linear power delivery gear 2-7 can Rev 250rpm over redline if engine won't be damaged. Leave gear one redline alone since second gear is short. Improved throttle response. Shifting should stay about like stock since speed and smoothness are good already.

Map 2 comfort mode, designed for when I have easily upset passengers who don't like going fast.with smooth shifting, non linear power delivery for ease of driving slowly, but still with full power available and able to do half power without trouble. reduced throttle response.

Map 3 same as map one but for 91 Octane

Map 4 same as map one, but set up for k&N drop in intakes, stock cats and nismo catback.

Map 5 valet mode. Speed limited to 55 mph. Power reduced by about half.

Map 6 security mode, car won't start in this mode

additional feature:
If changing maps should only be done while stopped, can you make it so maps can't be changed while moving? Either require speed to be 0-1mph or be in park gear or pull handbreak. Any would be fine but I prefer map changing lockout to be based on the speedometer for ease of use.
Botaine is offline   Reply With Quote