View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Botaine
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Base Automatic
Botaine is on a distinguished road
Default Which file to flash? What are my tuning options?

I'm getting an EcuTek tune from Seb at Specialty Z and he sent me two tunes and I'm not sure which one to use. One is the base tune I need to flash and the other is the stock tune to save for later. I asked him which one to flash but he just repeats what he said before which wasn't worded clearly. He says "Attached is the base tune and stock tune (stock tune is for safe keeping on your laptop). The SZ tune has SZ in the name. You have both tune files."

Is the SZ tune the Specialty Z base tune I need to flash or is it the Stock Z tune? I haven't heard from him for two days and I was wanting to get the flashing of the base tune and the logging done this weekend so I thought someone who had done it here would know.

Does anyone know what kind of choices I can make as far as what kinds of maps to get? Do I need to tell him I want an aggressive tune or a smoother more economical one? I asked him and he didn't respond about it.

I have K&N drop in intakes, fast intentions resonated test pipes and a nismo catback exhaust on a base model Z. The stock tune he sent me is for the base exhaust but I won't ever be going back to a base exhaust, but I might go back to stock cats at some point while leaving on the nismo catback. Could I get a stock Nismo map or tune or is that something that has to be tuned after all hardware is in place?
Botaine is offline   Reply With Quote