View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 07:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Gungrave
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
Gungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the responses guys. I’ll probably end up going with either the DW200 or the Aeromotive.

Though I do have another question. Can someone explain how the fuel pump actually works? I have a basic understanding but when looking at some of the aftermarket performance ones, I’m starting to get confused. So I found this article on them which did help but brought other questions.

https://www.realstreetperformance.co...t-performance/

Now after reading this article, it seems like they aftermarket ones push out more fuel than the stock ones, or at least has the capability to. And as the pressure increases the amount of fuel decreases.

So my question is this. Do the aftermarket ones push that much more fuel than stock or are simply able to? As in if you stay off the gas then it won’t push that much but if you floor it then it would? Since the aftermarket fuel pumps push more fuel, would that actually decrease your mileage in the car? And would there be any adverse effects to let’s say a completely stock Z if a DW200 or the Walbro 255 was installed on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gungrave is offline   Reply With Quote