View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 12:56 AM   #35 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
I'm enjoying it even more after these tunes. I went with Unitronic after researching and comparing with APR. Unitronic tune is linear gain from the bottom to top end. It's not as aggressive as APR's. Like many said, it's OEM++ feel. It' very smooth power delivery. On top of that, I got a great deal for both ECU and TCU tunes. The cost would be the same as getting OEM Euro dynamic tail lights and harness that I was planning to do. The tuner said the dq380/381 DSG is rock solid with the tunes comparing to MT. MT clutch would not handle the tunes well. It would not hold extra torque increased well. I love this DSG. With DSG tune, it's even faster gear change comparing to stock tune. For future plans, I'm still thinking of Euro tail lights, but I might get rear sway bar first. I would love to go stage 2 with Down pipe, intercooler, and intake. For now I'm just going to enjoy this "NEW" R .
I agree, wife and I are planning to go unitronic as well when the time comes, won’t be for a good while tho, not looking to void the powertrain warranty just yet, focusing on suspension, brakes and weight reduction right now.

For suspension parts like a rear sway bar, take a look at 034 Motorsports, they make some good stuff, will be using them again this go around. We had their rear sway bar on our old 8v s3 and it was great on the street and track.

You can always add the intake and intercooler ala carte with stage 1 for better heatsoak prevention and a bit more power, that way when you go stage two, it’s just tune and downpipe.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote