View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 09:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

The actual "cooling" comes from internal venting, not cross-drilling. That feature was primarily for releasing harmful gases that are no longer an issue with modern braking systems

The "cross drilled and slotted" rotors you buy these days for cheap are made of subpar material and in cheap factories

A "blank rotor" has literally more mass than a cross drilled and slotted rotors of equal size . . . i mean literally, because it doesn't have stuff cut out of it. More mass means more heat dissapation. Also, they won't kill your pads as quickly

There are ways to make good cross drilled rotors but i'm betting when Porsche does it they're doing it with more care than your china factory selling **** on ebay.

And again, if you're going to a track and driving hard, the best option (that will be more expensive), are 2 piece rotors that are lighter and properly vented. Racing brake is the best and most expensive, DBA is middle priced, and Z1 is the cheapest. Folks have been using Z1 on track and mostly been fine until the highest levels

Rusty has racing brake. I think they are slightly thicker than stock size so you dont save as much weight but they sure as hell work

also, if you're tracking . . . brake ducts and tires are gonna matter