View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 08:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
I couldn’t agree more. Who cares if they make a new Z or not? It won’t change the fact that I’m happy with the Z I have. It’s bought and payed for and it’s not going anywhere. And no matter what NISSAN does, the 370Z is definitely the last truly analog NA Japanese sports car they will ever make. Even if NISSAN were to make a new Z, it would not be what everyone hopes for. Probably a hybrid or electric Mercedes, Renault, Mitsubishi crossover monstrosity with a lot of bells and whistles and no soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with most of what you say but the Z is not an analog car. Does it carry 2 features that give it more feel??? Yes. You have hydraulic steering and a handbrake. One helps with feedback and minimizing that dead spot u feel in electric power steering. The next only matters if you drift? The handbrake.

The Z is still dominated by VDC, ABS, LIMP MODE CUT OFF, Navigation systems, etc..
Yes not too many hydraulic steer except for the Mercedes Benz AMG GTS and the Subaru WRX STi.
And handbrakes are getting rare but BMW Subaru Toyota and a few other sports brands kept the handbrake for enthusiasts.

I didnt keep my Z but I thought I would. I play with the idea still of buying a Nismo... but the reason I moved on and why people care about the next Z etc. Cuz we enjoy the progression.

Look at corvette. They just went mid engine after 40+ yrs of mid engine R&D. That's just amazing.
f people all thought like you? Nissan would still be selling the Datsun 240z instead of the one you love right now!

I thi k even if they didnt change the car itself? Updating the dash materials stereo azz nd nav would have kept it relevant in terms of sales. I know that sales wouldn't be spectacular but probably close to double. And being the Z spent a lot of years as a parts bin car. It wasn't gonna cost that much for updates.