View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 10:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
kbc749
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z 6MT
kbc749 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for all the tips everyone.

I greatly appreciate your input.

I am unaware of how much fluid I lost, not a whole lot according to how much came out but I didnt measure how much went into the drain pan.

None of the things in the guide posted above describe my situation perfectly. The howl is in all gears all the time.

It does not make noise when the trans/diff is unloaded. The way I would describe it is that the noise goes away when you get off the gas, even if the diff and trans are still spinning. But as the load goes up the noise climbs too. Which is congruent with all of the other behaviors.

Still I don't understand how it puked out the fluid. Is it a joke to say something clogged the breather and it built up pressure and blew it out? Or is that an actual possibility?

I will disassemble the diff some weekend and check it out but I will wait until I get an LSD to put in there so that its worth it. If it blows up before then Oh well.

Again thank you all for your valuable input!