View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2021 Acura TLX type S

https://www-motor1-com.cdn.ampprojec...cept-teaser%2F.

Wish this teaser showed more...

I know this particular overview wont resonate with too many people but I thought... why not? Theres always that one or 5 enthusiasts that still would be interested.... so here.

I bought a 16 acura tlx just as a 2nd car grocery getter. I bought it st 45% cheaper than its MSRP with 30k miles and really wasn't expecting much out the car except it's high comfort and good power from an economical 4 banger considering my Csmaro is now over 500hp.

I have to say that Acura has made an amazing FWD platform. The only performance competitor I can comp as re it to as far as responsiveness. I can only think of Mini Cooper as a comparison. Though a mini is tighter handling due to its size. Both cars still transition very well and corner on the same level.

I test drove both ILX and TLX a spec models. While I think the cars are tuned very nicely. I also feel that a base acura suspension should feel like an a-spec.

Though a base Acura TLX drives well. It doesn't drive well enough for a 37k starting price. And I shouldn't have to jump to 45k new for it to handle the way it's supposed to.

So in other words. An acura tlx is a horrible new car purchase. Used... it's more than adequate. Theres lots to like about the performance. But little to like about the tech pkg. The nav is extremely difficult to use. I just use waze.

But now comes the next gen TLX in a type S model and hopefully a better v6 version. Though the 4 banger is less power. The DCT is perfection and the vtec revs are beautifully programmed in sport and sport+. Hoping to see Acura bring back some legitimacy to the brand. I feel the potential in the tlx drive. Just hoping for it to feel more special as a FWD sport sedan. Also hoping the SH AWD gets a DCT this generation.