View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 10:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
40 to 332
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 370Z BS M6 Sport
40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Possibly a bad tire.

Get a passenger to ride along and see if they can tell the source of the sound while you concentrate on driving. Find an isolated stretch of road and you might be able to talk your passenger into taking off their seat belt and hanging out the window.
Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4Ss with less than 5,000 miles on them. They were inspected as part of the wheel re-balancing and no flaws/defects were evident.

As indicated above, I've had people walk with the car as it being driven slowly in a tight circle and it's become obvious that the noise is coming from the front wheel(s). It's a metallic clicking noise that sounds a bit like the sound you used to get after clipping 1 or 2 baseball cards to the spokes of your bicycle wheel in the good ol' days!

I thought it could be related to the offset of the aftermarket wheels (+35) compared to the stock sport wheels (+47) which pushes the wheel out from the hub by an extra 12 mm and perhaps stresses the hub assembly … however, lots of folks run 15 mm and 20 mm spacers up front without issue. Also, I don't think a defective wheel would cause a clicking noise … but then again, I'm running out of ideas.
40 to 332 is offline   Reply With Quote